G Plan has been producing iconic sofas, chairs and furniture for over 100 years. Our contemporary and classic designs enable us to offer a sofa for almost every home.
And since 1898 we’ve had an unrivalled reputation for excellence and quality which is something that we want to maintain. As such, we are always working to meet our customers’ needs by offering comfortable and high quality sofas coupled with an unrivalled level of service.
We recruit experienced professionals from a variety of backgrounds. In all cases, we look for people with good communication skills, a friendly personality, the ability to work in a team, energy and resilience.
Our current vacancies will be posted on this page. Alternatively you can contact us for more information about working for G Plan. Please email Stephanie, HR Administration [email protected]
Working with the Manufacturing Manager, you will lead the transport operation in a cost effective and efficient manner in order to satisfy the businesses and customers’ requirements.
This will include:
- The construction and setting of the annual transport budget (circa £1.4 million) taking into account resource requirements and market values for all raw materials and equipment and aligning this to forecast sales.
- Building and executing the weekly transport plan in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- The day to day management of staff, permanent and agency, and the transport fleet along with outside contractors on multiple sites.
- Construct the weekly transport plan in the most cost effective and efficient manner, ensuring that all orders are delivered in line with this plan.
- Continually update the Paragon database ensuring planning reflects reality.
- Employ outside transport resource as required and monitor these for adherence to pre agreed service level agreements.
- Report on agreed weekly KPIs and ensure adherence to customer issued KPIs.
- Continually monitor raw material prices to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Organise, motivate and encourage teamwork within the department and with other departments to ensure weekly targets are met.
- Compile drivers weekly wage information for wages department.
- Ensure compliance to all drivers’ legal requirements such as hours, working time directive, Department of Transport regulations and operational legislation.
- Organising the recruitment and training of staff in line with company requirements.
- To actively practice continual improvement looking for opportunities to enhance department performance.
You will be an experienced Transport Manager, with a good understanding of the general transport network and the UK transport industry. You will have experience of working with multiple company sites.
You will have experience in team management and the ability to lead and develop a cohesive transport team. You will have a level 3 CPC qualification and have experience with transport software packages.
Experience in the use of Paragon routing software and the integration of this with Tom Tom works, is not essential but will be beneficial.
Applications are invited in writing to Steph Pratt, HR Administration Officer, [email protected]