Work Study Timing Engineer
Hours: Monday – Thursday 7:00 – 4:00, Friday 7:00 – 12:00
A great opportunity has arisen to join an iconic British brand and a dynamic team with big plans!
We are looking for a Work Study Timing Engineer to join our G Plan Design and Development team at this exciting time of growth.
We’ve been around since 1953, so we know a lot about making the perfect sofa – but we certainly don’t just sit back and rest on our laurels. We strive to improve at every opportunity, driving the business forward and evolving the brand. We are guardians of our heritage but embrace the very latest in technology and innovation from manufacturing to marketing.
As a key member of our Design and Development function, you will work alongside the development team and your operational colleagues in our purpose-built Wiltshire head office and manufacturing facility. The heart of the organisation, this is where we proudly hand-make every single G Plan sofa and chair. A G Plan sofa is an investment piece and our consumers know they are buying a sofa designed with the values of enduring comfort and quality at its core. Here you’ll lead a culture of continual improvement, driving improvements in quality standards and ensuring all necessary health and safety requirements are being met.
Within this varied role, you’ll take responsibility for observing and analysing new model development to determine time-and-motion requirements.: –
- Develop work measurement procedures to undertake time and motion study on new models to determine PBR.
- Analyse the work study data and equipment specifications to establish time and production standards.
- Ensure PBR rates are signed off and published within the NPD agreed timelines.
- Make recommendations to management affecting work methods, wage rates, and budget decisions.
Applicants will possess the following key skills: –
- Previous experience within a similar role.
- High level mathematical aptitude.
- Qualification in Industrial Engineering.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office – particularly Excel and Word.
- Ability to multitask and good attention to detail.
Applications are invited in writing to Sarah Edwards, HR Manager, [email protected]