Hours: Mon – Thu 08:30 – 17:00 Fri 08:00 – 14:00
An opportunity has arisen within the Quality Department for a Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental Manager. Reporting to the Operations Director candidates will initiate, lead and manage QHSE systems across the company in line with company objectives, legislative requirements and appropriate national and international standards.
Key elements of this role will include:-
- Maintenance and development of our management systems and compliance with ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001 international standards. Management of the transition to ISO 45001. Liaison with external assessment authorities.
- Provision of advice on quality, health and safety and product related regulatory requirements to the directors and senior team.
- Liaison with enforcement authorities for Quality (Trading Standards), Health and Safety (HSE), Environment (Environment Agency) and other appropriate bodies in the case of external complaints, claims, reportable accidents, etc.
- Promotion of understanding of company objectives for Quality and Health and Safety and development of environmental aspects. Promotion of a culture of participation and achievement.
- Development and communication of appropriate KPI data to directors.
- Lead and coordinate the Quality Improvement Team.
- Organise and lead management review meetings and health and safety meetings.
- Promote preventative action across the business.
- NEBOSH qualified (Diploma preferred)
- Lead Auditor Qualification
- Internal Auditor Skills
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
- Previously worked in a similar Quality/Health and Safety/Environmental role
- Background of working in a manufacturing environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate and engage with people across all levels
- Strong people management skills
- A dynamic personality with a ‘can do’ approach
Applications are invited in writing to Sarah Edwards, HR Manager, [email protected]