Hours: 9:00-17:30 Monday - Friday
A new opportunity has arisen to join an iconic British brand with an exciting future. We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative Marketing Assistant to help deliver compelling brand and retail marketing communications. This is a varied and busy role providing the perfect opportunity to develop your marketing expertise across a range of channels.
We’ve been around since 1953, so we know a lot about making the perfect sofa – but we certainly don’t just sit back and rest on our laurels. We strive to improve at every opportunity, driving the business forward and evolving the brand. We are guardians of our heritage but embrace the very latest in technology and innovation from manufacturing to marketing.
Based in our purpose-built head office and manufacturing facility, you’ll be a vital member of our Marketing team helping to communicate the G Plan brand values and story through the creation of effective brand marketing materials, campaigns and activities. You’ll also provide marketing and graphic design support to our retail stockist network and the wider business.
You’ll report to the Brand Manager and love multi-tasking to a high standard. With 1-2 years’ experience in a client or agency marketing team you will appreciate the need for a detailed brief, effective verbal and written communication and demonstrate an interest in the interiors/furniture market.
You’ll need to be a proactive self-starter who is happy to get stuck in. A team player with resilience and a creative approach, you’ll have excellent attention to detail and experience in managing effective marketing communication projects: –
• As a social media champion, you’ll relish the opportunity to help create and post inspirational content, managing the daily interaction and performance of all channels
• You’ll ideally be familiar with website CMS and be comfortable uploading content and ensuring the website showcases a high standard of brand presentation which is always accurate and relevant
• You’ll assist the Brand Manager with marketing campaign activities and materials, working with agencies, printers and internal departments as required to manage the project timeline and quality standards
• You’ll work alongside the Graphic Designer using Adobe Suite to create marketing assets for G Plan and The Lounge Co.
• You’ll be a brand champion and help uphold the brand tone of voice and brand guidelines in all communications
• Taking responsibility for managing the visual brand assets, you will assist with in-house and location photoshoot planning, attending shoots as required and assisting with product sample management. You will manage the storage, resizing, retouching and supply of images to all relevant parties/portals and you will oversee the creation of product renders and line drawings for website/customer requirements
• You’ll help co-ordinate trade shows, customer presentations and training events including pre-show activities and planning. You’ll attend show set-up and break-down days to assist with brand presentation and contribute to daily management of show/training materials as required
• You’ll provide retail marketing support, helping with requests for POS and swatches, new model launch packs and maintenance of the retailer portal
• As required, you will provide assistance with consumer/market research, analysis and reporting
• You’ll be on hand, providing PR support for trade and consumer press as required
• You’ll keep abreast of interiors/furniture trends and ensure our brand content reflects this
• Above all, you will bring a positive energy to the team, approaching every challenge with enthusiasm and passion
Skills required: –
• Working knowledge of Adobe Suite
• Basic HTML knowledge (an advantage)
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes
• Ideally familiar with WordPress CMS
• Experience of social media channel management (using Hootsuite)