A fabulous opportunity has arisen to join an iconic British brand and a dynamic team with big plans!
We are looking for a Manufacturing Manager to lead the G Plan production team at this exciting time of growth.
We’ve been around since 1953, so we know a lot about making the perfect sofa – but we certainly don’t just sit back and rest on our laurels. We strive to improve at every opportunity, driving the business forward and evolving the brand. We are guardians of our heritage but embrace the very latest in technology and innovation from manufacturing to marketing.
As a senior member of the Operations team, you will work alongside your Design, Development and Commercial colleagues in our purpose-built Wiltshire head office and manufacturing facility. The heart of the organisation, this is where we proudly hand-make every single G Plan sofa and chair. A G Plan sofa is an investment piece and our consumers know they are buying a sofa designed with the values of enduring comfort and quality at its core. Here you’ll lead a culture of continual improvement, driving improvements in quality standards and ensuring all necessary health and safety requirements are being met.
You’ll report to the Operations Director and provide clear leadership to our manufacturing team of managers, supervisors and team leaders, ensuring they are trained, motivated and supported to conduct their roles to the highest standards and with an continuous focus on customer satisfaction.
In this challenging and varied role, you’ll take responsibility for: –
- Contributing to the creation and implementation of best practice production planning, strategy, policies and processes.
- Planning and optimising utilisation of manufacturing resources.
- Evaluating and improving manpower utilisation and support business development through the recruitment and development of employees.
- Liaising with the Operations Director to set manufacturing budget parameters, monitor associated spend and report against this.
- Gathering, analysing and comparing data to manage manufacturing KPI’s.
- Liaising with Purchasing to ensure supplier performance and reliability of supply chain.
- Liaising with other internal departments such as planning, transport and D&D to ensure new and existing models are introduced, manufactured and delivered on time and to standard.
- Encouraging and leading cross functional teams to improve working practices. Attend all necessary cross functional meetings and support production teams to implement resulting actions.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate who will meet the following key requirements: –
- Proven background in managing manufacturing and operations teams.
- Educated to HND/Degree Level in Production Management.
- Strong commercial acumen, attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of profit and loss reporting on labour and overhead costs.
- Proactive and self-motivated individual.
- Ability to work on own initiative to achieve deadlines and targets.
- Flexible, innovative approach and a positive working style.
- Represent operational requirements at senior manager level.
- Strong working knowledge of ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001 systems.
- Previous knowledge of using ERP systems.
- Good working knowledge of lean manufacturing principle with a demonstrable track record of implementation.
Applications are invited in writing to Sarah Edwards, HR Manager, [email protected]
Closing Date for Internal Applications: 12.04.19