Hours: Monday to Thursday 08:00 to 16:30 and Friday 07:00 to 14:30.
A fabulous opportunity has arisen to join an iconic British brand and a dynamic team with big plans!
We are looking for a Buyer to join our G Plan purchasing team at this exciting time of growth.
We’ve been around since 1953, so we know a lot about making the perfect sofa – but we certainly don’t just sit back and rest on our laurels. We strive to improve at every opportunity, driving the business forward and evolving the brand. We are guardians of our heritage but embrace the very latest in technology and innovation from manufacturing to marketing.
As a key member of the Purchasing team, you will work alongside the Senior Buyer and your operational colleagues in our purpose-built Wiltshire head office and manufacturing facility. The heart of the organisation, this is where we proudly hand-make every single G Plan sofa and chair. A G Plan sofa is an investment piece and our consumers know they are buying a sofa designed with the values of enduring comfort and quality at its core. Here you’ll lead a culture of continual improvement, driving improvements in quality standards and ensuring all necessary health and safety requirements are being met.
You’ll report to the Senior Buyer and will be responsible for managing inventory levels, ensuring materials and goods are purchased competitively and in a timely manner.
In this challenging and varied role, you’ll take responsibility for: –
- Monitoring requirements and placing orders for raw materials to ensure just in time production factory requirements are fulfilled.
- Interpreting and placing purchase orders for customer’s service and sales item requirements.
- Working closely with the Stores Supervisor to identify shortages and communicate these to relevant parties. Investigate reasons for shortages, complete necessary stock adjustments and liaise with suppliers to achieve solutions.
- Creating purchase orders and returns notes as necessary using the AX Dynamics system.
- Placing forecasted purchase orders for materials and components.
- Reviewing and placing call-off orders for materials.
- Liaising with Lithuanian manufacturing facility to place orders and ensure delivery of cut and sewn materials.
- Maintaining discontinued fabric stock list.
- Coordinating 3 monthly stocktake by maintaining necessary spreadsheets and participate in stocktake to ensure an accurate and efficient process.
- Reviewing BOM’s for new and existing products, source new products and place purchase orders for production.
- Conducting all business and communications within CIPS ethical code.
Applicants will have:-
- Previous hands on experience purchasing materials in fast moving manufacturing industry
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX or similar ERP software would be advantageous
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office – Excel and Word
Applications are invited in writing to Sarah Edwards, HR Manager, [email protected]