Hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday to Friday
A great opportunity has arisen to join an iconic British brand and a dynamic team with big plans!
We are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our G Plan finance team at this exciting time of growth.
We’ve been around since 1953, so we know a lot about making the perfect sofa – but we certainly don’t just sit back and rest on our laurels. We strive to improve at every opportunity, driving the business forward and evolving the brand. We are guardians of our heritage but embrace the very latest in technology and innovation.
As a key member of our Finance function, you will work alongside the Finance team and in our purpose-built Wiltshire head office and manufacturing facility. The heart of the organisation, this is where we proudly hand-make every single G Plan sofa and chair. A G Plan sofa is an investment piece and our consumers know they are buying a sofa designed with the values of enduring comfort and quality at its core.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accounts Assistant will provide support to the accounts team, including transaction level processing, management accounting and assisting the credit control and payroll teams where necessary.
Within this role you will take responsibility for:
• Bank reconciliations and posting cashbook transactions.
• Reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, including sub-ledger control accounts and provisions.
• Assisting with month end closure and preparation of monthly management accounts.
• Analyses of monthly overheads and providing explanations for major variances.
• Preparing prepayments and accruals adjustments.
• Analyses of stock gains and losses, liaising with the purchasing/stock management team to provide explanations for them.
• Processing employee expenses and arranging payment.
• Raising ad-hoc bank payments and following up for approval.
• Assisting with the preparation of the weekly cash flow.
• Preparing weekly sales reports for submission to group parent company finance team.
• Providing cover to sales ledger and payroll teams when necessary, including posting sales invoice and cash collections and assisting with monthly and weekly payroll processing.
Applicants will possess the following key skills:
• Part qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or fully qualified AAT.
• Microsoft Excel to an intermediate level (i.e. comfortable analysing and manipulating data from multiple sources, simple pivot tables and use of Excel functions).
• Preparing and posting sales and purchase invoices, cash transactions and journals.
• Experience of highly repetitive data processing with accuracy, as well as contributing to analysis of financial results and problem solving.