G Plan Upholstery is one of the best loved sofa brands in the UK. With a strong design heritage and a reputation for comfort and quality, G Plan continues to design and manufacture in the UK where we have been producing iconic sofas, chairs and furniture for over 100 years.
And since 1898 we’ve had an unrivalled reputation for excellence and quality which is something that we want to maintain. As such, we are always working to meet our customers’ needs by offering comfortable and high quality sofas coupled with an unrivalled level of service.
We recruit experienced professionals from a variety of backgrounds. In all cases, we look for people with good communication skills, a friendly personality, the ability to work in a team, energy and resilience.
Our current job vacancies will be posted on this page. Alternatively you can contact us for more information about working for G Plan. Please email Stephanie, HR Administration [email protected]
(July 2017 – June 2018)
At an exciting time of growth, the G Plan marketing team are looking for an enthusiastic and resourceful placement student to work in the Melksham headquarters. The marketing and design teams work closely together across the core G Plan brand and G Plan Vintage collection.
The Key Responsibilities for this role include: –
• Provide support to the marketing team in the creation of marketing materials, advertising campaigns, PR activity, web and social media content
• Liaison with marketing agencies and suppliers
• Liaison with internal departments including Design, Development, Quality and Production
• Helping to co-ordinate retailer show activities
• Helping to organise photography shoots and management of photographic assets
• Ad-hoc business analysis and reporting
• Assist with research into the upholstery market – retailers, trends, products etc.
• Helping to co-ordinate training activities for retailers
The ideal candidate for this placement will possess an interest in interiors and the following skills and attributes:
• A Self-Starter with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Good communication skills and comfortable in dealing with multi-disciplined teams
• Strong command of the written word – ability to critique and amend copy
• Ability to complete tasks to set deadlines and multi task
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent knowledge of using Microsoft Office Packages
This role will be a twelve month placement which will act as the third year of a student’s BA or BSC degree and will be ideally suit a student from a Business, Marketing or other related degree who is achieving a 2:1 or above.
Applications are invited in writing to Steph Pratt, HR administration Officer, [email protected]
Quality Technician Vacancy
Hours: Monday to Thursday 07:00 – 16:00, Friday 07:00 – 12:00*
*We are currently consulting over a new shift pattern proposal and this position will be included in that pattern.
Pay: £10.72 per hour
A vacancy for a Quality Technician has arisen in the Quality team. The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that operators inspect the furniture to the standard set by the company.
- Ensure that the work is progressed from the upholstery department to meet the requirements of the daily production plan.
- Liaise with the warehouse supervisor regarding daily requirements
- Inspect replacements and complete required records
- Ensure any missing items/repairs are processed accordingly
- Report any arising problems to the manager A.S.A.P
- Resolve any personnel shortages at end of line with manager
Applicants will need a keen eye for detail and will be well organised. They will need to be flexible and willing to undertake a variety of tasks. They will enjoy practical work.
Applicants will need to have shown good time keeping and attendance in the past, along with a strong work ethic.
Applications are invited in writing to Steph Pratt, HR administration Officer, [email protected] by Friday, 24th February 2017.