5 Top tips on how to create a Christmassy feel within your home
Creating a feeling of Christmas is vital for you, your family and the guests that will visit. As it gets colder you will be spending more time indoors and preparing the perfect day for you and your family. Creating the perfect Christmas is hard, but we have some top tips to help you embrace the feeling of Christmas.
- Diffusers and candles are a great way to add atmosphere to a room, red berry and cinnamon scents add to that classical Christmassy feel into your home. The natural glow from lit candles will help to make you feel cosy and warm – perfect for relaxing throughout the Christmas season.
- Jars of sweets and confectionary will help to incorporate colour and be a tasty treat for you. Traditional candy canes with red and white stripes will automatically give the impression of Christmas. If you don’t have sweets at Christmas, when can you?
- Wrapping presents and putting them under the tree will help to trigger the great amount of curiosity and excitement that surrounds Christmas. They will even make a great feature adding to the decorations within your home.
- At the heart of Christmas is the traditional Christmas dinner that everybody loves. So make sure that you use this opportunity to show off your styling skills and create a magical table top to impress your guests.
- Decorations are the most important element when trying to create a Christmas feel. Warm fairy lights can bring a feeling of warmth into your home and alongside traditional reds and greens can really bring Christmas to life. However, a more contemporary and bright selection of decorations can allow you to express your styling and experiment with colours and patterns that you wouldn’t usually have in your home.
No matter how you style your home, if you include these 5 elements you are bound to have a great and memorable Christmas. If you need more inspiration visit our range of Pinterest boards titled Christmas Inspiration 2017.