At G Plan we combine traditional craftsmanship with the very latest manufacturing techniques to bring you upholstery of unparalleled comfort and quality. To help get the most from it for years to come, below are some of the main tips to keep it looking as good as possible. You can also find more information in our eguide and care videos.
Cleaning your leather upholstery
- Dust furniture with a soft brush weekly and wipe with a damp cloth to remove dust.
- Do not use polishes, detergents, solvents, white spirit or stain removers as they may damage the leather.
- Clean pigment finish or semi-aniline leathers quarterly by wiping over with lukewarm solution of pure soaping agent. Don't overwet the leather when cleaning.
Care for your leather upholstery
- Plump up cushions regularly.
- Direct sunlight can cause fading, so try to protect upholstery from direct sunlight where possible.
- Avoid sitting on the arms and try to prevent children from jumping on sofas as it can damage the sofa and cushions.
- Avoid sitting on the sofa with heavily soiled or non-colour fast clothes and avoid leaving newspapers on the sofa as the ink can stain.
- Care should be taken with sharp-edged objects, trim off any loose threads with sharp scissors.
In the event of a spillage, prompt action can reduce the likelihood of permanent staining.
- Remove as much of the spillage as possible with a spoon or blunt palette knife.
- Work towards the middle of the spillage to prevent spreading the stain.
- Soak up liquids with a clean cloth, towel or kitchen paper without rubbing the stain.
- Blot up as much of the spillage using a damp cloth (not wet) with warm clean water, again without rubbing.